2018 D-CoT Meet

Activity Forums Website Related Announcements 2018 D-CoT Meet

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

steve
    200 XP
    SUPPORTER
    ADMIN

Hello Cotters!

I am very excited to announce the next :ears: OFFICIAL D-COT MEET :ears: . @Chelle and I tried to pick a date that matched our criteria of low crowds, prices and popularity amongst the veteran guests. We came up with the first weekend of October 2018 (10/06/18 or 10/07/18). There is also the possibility of having this in the evening during the week. Please discuss in this thread if you have suggestions.

The first question (and most important) is “Will you plan to attend?”. Let’s take a poll.

Will you attend the 2018 meet?
    19 votes
    VOTE

The second item I would like to tackle is whether or not those attending would like to participate in a reception at one of the many beautiful WDW locations. The details of such an event would be worked out after I get an idea of who would like to attend. The more funds that are available, the more we can offer. The plan is to rent a reception hall and have a dessert party of some sort with a cash bar (or open bar depending on funds). Please vote in the poll below.

Would you be interested in a reception for the meet up at WDW?
    14 votes
    VOTE

For those planning to attend, it is greatly appreciated if you book through our talented Magic Maker. ;)

I will be updating this post/thread when new information is available. :D

Magically Yours,
    Steve & Chelle :star:

eeyorepoohfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER

I LOVE this idea!!! I think the amount we would be willing to spend would be dependent upon how long the event is for and what is provided. I’m willing to pay more for certain things. Of course, we are always up for an in park meet up too!

Chelle
    27 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MAGIC MAKER
    MOD

I LOVE this idea!!! I think the amount we would be willing to spend would be dependent upon how long the event is for and what is provided. I’m willing to pay more for certain things. Of course, we are always up for an in park meet up too!

As much as we would love to fully host an event like this, Disney isn’t cheap! Haha! Maybe a dessert party or appetizer reception. It depends how many people are interested. The more people you have, the less it becomes per person. OTN has a 2 hour recpetion for our summit and it’s always very enjoyable :) So I threw the idea at Steve. Whether or not we can actually pull it off financially is another story! LOL

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

I will be discussing with the boss this weekend! Heather and Chelle, I think you both have her number if you want to text her your support of this idea! ;)

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

@steve, neither Kathy nor I can really take off work the first week of the month but we can certainly fly in that Saturday morning of the 6th. If there would be something during the week I respectfully request that it be the week following so we could attend. We’re in other than that! We would just stay the week following and make that our fall trip on our Annual Passes! :up: :ears:

SEJ101
    499 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

Sounds fun! Probably a chance I won’t be able to attend though :| maybe if I get my driver’s license

Love the idea… There is a possibility it could work, but can’t commit anytime soon.

And just throwing a random thought out there, any thoughts on a D-CoT cruise at some point? Perhaps try to arrange a group-rate?

Chelle
    27 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MAGIC MAKER
    MOD

Love the idea… There is a possibility it could work, but can’t commit anytime soon.

And just throwing a random thought out there, any thoughts on a D-CoT cruise at some point? Perhaps try to arrange a group-rate?

This would be very expensive and DCL meeting pace is usually reserved for weddings and such.

Chelle
    27 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MAGIC MAKER
    MOD

This sounds exciting! Unfortunately our trip is a little over a week after that so we wouldn’t be able to make it :'(

You already have October of next year planned? Man! maybe Steve needs to plan this 2 years in advance! LOL

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

You already have October of next year planned? Man! maybe Steve needs to plan this 2 years in advance! LOL

Ha! No, I read this thread before I drank my :coffee: and thought it said 2017 LOL I retract my post!

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

There’s a possibility we could do that but it’s too soon to say. I will keep it in mind for sure!

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

@Chelle, I was thinking the same thing! Starbee already has a 2018 trip planned?! LOL

Acamm
    316 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

I am in :D.

We are planning our first Disney Land trip ever for 2018…. But I’m sure I can swing a WEEKEND in wdw !! :ears:

Breesmommy5
    216 XP
    SUPPORTER

I would love to meet you all ! I am pretty sure we are going through the week of the 16th because of schools being on fall break ☹️

xxzazzzxx
    17 XP

Ohhh I wish I could go, this is such a good idea! :( I will be around 36 weeks pregnant at that time so there’s no way for me to fly down or drive 26 hours to join you guys!) Take loads of pictures and have fun!! :ears: :heart:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • The topic ‘2018 D-CoT Meet’ is closed to new replies.

New Report

Close