350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney’s Fort Wilderness in 2024

Activity Forums All Things Disney Walt Disney World 350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney’s Fort Wilderness in 2024

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

PaydirtBurt
    104 XP

350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in 2024 :woodyhat:

BREAKING: 350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in 2024

The pics look cool, like you will feel more “outside” when you are in the cabin and bringing more light in.

I think I am okay with this change as the current cabins are getting a fairly dated.

I have often wondered why there were no DVC Cabins at FW and will withhold my judgment on the DVC part as it is not clear, at least to me, how many will be DVC as “more than 350 new cabins to replace the existing cabins at the resort” is ALL the cabins. Hard to believe all will be DVC, but with Reflections on hold for now is this a “make good” to DVC?

Tip for staying at FW, get a campsite & rent an outside delivered trailer. One, it puts you in with the CrAz3Y trailer people, and that is a good thing :) , Two it could save some dinero! :gold: Extra Tip, if you are staying at FW, plan on a day or two relaxing and playing around the Fort!

Thoughts?

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

My initial thoughts: I’m tired of everything that’s being added is DVC lately. But I guess that’s where they make their money. I’d never be able to stay in one of the cabins based on when we priced them out a while ago anyway so this doesn’t directly affect me.

steve
    200 XP
    SUPPORTER
    ADMIN

I’m pretty excited to see these cabins get a refresh. It’s an interesting choice to make them DVC-only, but like Nascfan said, that’s where the money is. I sure hope they keep the rustic cabin feel in the refresh. If I walk into a cabin and it feels like I’m at the contemporary I’m going to throw hands. LOL

PaydirtBurt
    104 XP

We stayed in a cabin back in 2019 and prefer them over most onsite hotel rooms, even Wilderness Lodge, for their separation, that is you step out your door and you are in the wilderness, not the hall. Far more relaxing for us.

But agreed, boo-coo bucks to stay there and is only considered a Moderate Resort. That is why we did the site & trailer, cheaper.

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

My initial thoughts: I’m tired of everything that’s being added is DVC lately. But I guess that’s where they make their money.

I would say that’s where they make their money up front. Huge buy in but it feels like a trap. After you pay your money upfront and your annual dues each year, they have no interest in keeping you happy. They focus on the cash paying guests. We own at Old Key West – our home resort! – and still it’s hard to find availability at the 11 month mark. Only a small percentage of rooms are available to the DVC Members who own there, priority/preference is given to those paying for cash rooms :angry:

On these cabins specifically, they look beautiful but like Nascfan said, I can almost guarantee you I’ll never stay in one so I guess I don’t have an opinion

jamiedawn27
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER

Lately Disney news comes out and I’m like “oh that’s interesting…so you said Universal is building two parks? Tell me more!”

PaydirtBurt
    104 XP

Starbee , not a DVC person, but from what I have heard I agree, they love that initial cash injection.

Starbee & Nascfan, what do you mean you’ll never stay at the Fort?
    Forget the dark side!
    Come, come to the Fort, we have smores & ponies! :vader: :woodyhat: :P

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

I couldn’t ever afford one of those cabins, well outside of my price range. However donations to the Nascfan cabin fund will be gladly accepted! ;)

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

Starbee & Nascfan, what do you mean you’ll never stay at the Fort?

I meant I could never afford a DVC cabin :(

PaydirtBurt
    104 XP

We could rephrase that to, I can’t afford one that at this time. :)

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

True, there is always the lottery! LOL

PaydirtBurt
    104 XP

Nascfan, it may not be probable, but, hay, it is possible! :gold:

But then again, after winning the lottery, would you choose the Cabins or something like the Grand Flo, Poly or Contemporary Concierge level? For me, after a lottery win, it would just be a nicer trailer & golf cart at the Fort :woodyhat: , just love the Fort vibe.

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

I don’t belong at the Flo, never really impressed with the business like atmosphere of Contemporary. But yeah, I could go for a waterfront bungalow at Poly or a cabin or WL or most definitely Savannah view at AKL! Beach Club would be nice too. Enjoy the Boardwalk in the evenings and of course their mini waterpark pool area.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close