1 Day Solo Trip to DL

Activity Forums All Things Disney Disneyland 1 Day Solo Trip to DL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

osugal
    11 XP

I’m going to California for a work trip next month. I’ve added on one day so I can have a full day in DL. I’m staying at the Camelot so I can walk to the parks. I’ve only been once before – and it was for 1 day as well. But, I couldn’t believe how much I go to see and do since I was by myself. I love the classic nostalgia so i was much more drawn to DL than to DCA. I’m planning to spend about 75% of my time in DL. The only things I want to do in DCA are Monsters Inc, Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin, Little Mermaid, and California Screaming. Last time I went to Fantasyland first before it got crowded and that worked really well. Not sure what time I should head over to DCA??

steve
    200 XP
    SUPPORTER
    ADMIN

That sounds like you did a great thing. ;) I have never been to Disneyland, but I will get there one day! Enjoy your solo trip. :up: :ears:

StupidJudy
    71 XP

This is a question for the DL peeps! @bexruns and @eeyorepoohfan maybe you can give her tips? Are you visiting on a weekday? That might help with the crowds, I have noticed a lot of locals go on weekends. I haven’t done DL solo but have spent solo days at Epcot and really enjoyed myself!

eeyorepoohfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER

Awesome! What day if the week are you planning? Sounds like you are getting a hopper. Be there before park opening at DL to hit up the majors. There are several attractions in both parks with single rider lines now! So that will save you from waiting or using up a FP on it! Hitting Fantasyland first thing usually works well. However, we’ve had some trips and Peter Pan in 40 minutes within 10 minutes of park opening. We like to hit Space Mountain first. Thunder usually has a low wait during the first hour. Heading over to CA, utilize single rider for Racers! It’s usually just a 10-20 minute wait. Screamin has single rider but it’s hit or miss if it’s faster. Wait Tim for standby is usually 20-30 minutes. We waited nearly 20 minutes for single rider once! I think it depends on park hours on when you head to CA. But you will probably want to spend a good 4-5 hours in DL before heading over. Often, CA closes earlier than DL. So if you have the stamina, you can pop back over to DL! Let me know if you want more specifics on anything!

bexruns
    374 XP

Awesome! What day if the week are you planning? Sounds like you are getting a hopper. Be there before park opening at DL to hit up the majors. There are several attractions in both parks with single rider lines now! So that will save you from waiting or using up a FP on it! Hitting Fantasyland first thing usually works well. However, we’ve had some trips and Peter Pan in 40 minutes within 10 minutes of park opening. We like to hit Space Mountain first. Thunder usually has a low wait during the first hour. Heading over to CA, utilize single rider for Racers! It’s usually just a 10-20 minute wait. Screamin has single rider but it’s hit or miss if it’s faster. Wait Tim for standby is usually 20-30 minutes. We waited nearly 20 minutes for single rider once! I think it depends on park hours on when you head to CA. But you will probably want to spend a good 4-5 hours in DL before heading over. Often, CA closes earlier than DL. So if you have the stamina, you can pop back over to DL! Let me know if you want more specifics on anything!

I can’t add anything else because she got it all! Definitely utilize the single rider line if you go to DCA later in the day as RSR will more than likely have a 2+ hr wait for the standby line. And recently, the longest I’ve waited for Screamin has been maaaaaaybe 30 min. And 100% get a FP for Soarin as it has a GINORMOUS line anytime after park opening. Have a great time!

osugal
    11 XP

Hi all – thank you for the replies. I will be there on a Friday. I can’t be there right at rope drop – but it should be shortly after. I’ll get a FP for Soarin as it’s a very high priority for me. I like Radiator Springs…but it’s not a must-do for me. I think I waited about 30 minutes for single rider last time so I will see how long the wait is. I didn’t get to do Space Mountain last time so I definitely want to make it on that, as well!

bexruns
    374 XP

Perhaps go to DCA first thing and get a FP for Soarin. Unless the line isn’t too long, then just do standby. Friday mornings in March I don’t think should be too bad. Kids are in school and there’s no major holidays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close