2019 Trips??

Activity Forums All Things Disney Walt Disney World 2019 Trips??

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

supernova
    9 XP

Two set for this year, one in late September and on in early December.

AVITWeb
    48 XP
    SUPPORTER

How do you swing that??

Disneydana
    12 XP

what do you guys think would be better?
    an early december trip to disneyland (never been!) or a may trip for flower and garden (never been to f&g) ?
    keep in mind these would both be solo trips! and if i go to disneyland it has to be when the haunted mansion has its nbc overlay :sally:

Definitely Disneyland! It’s my favorite park because it’s just sooo quaint and full of storybook charm! Walking where Walt walked everyday is amazing. You just have to keep in mind that it was the first, and it’s NOTHING like Florida out there. The weather is better, the park is small, the castle is tiny, the city grew up around Disneyland and crowded them in so it’s just kind of doinked right in the middle of busy California streets but when you get in there the real world melts away. I looove the fact that it has big trees and lush landscaping where you can tell it’s been there a long time. That is the one thing I hated when I first went to the MK in Florida, it was like a huge asphalt slab with shorter versions of all of the popular rides at Disneyland tossed in to appease the masses. MK has zero charm in comparison to DL. The one thing I noticed going back to California was that they don’t seem to take as good care of DL as they do WDW. There were LOTS of rides down and just an overall vibe that all of the money gets put back into Florida’s parks and DL seems a little neglected. I’m hoping with all of the new construction going on there that has changed. If you keep in mind that it’s a very old park and that it’s not as pristine as WDW and view it for the charm it has, you’ll fall in love with it. It’s a must see for any Disney fan IMO.

Disneydana
    12 XP

How do you swing that??

A Disney maniac can find a way lol. I went 6 times last year alone! Just long weekend trips with a week long family trip in there. I’m really going to miss that other kidney. LOL Seriously though, I drive down (about 8 hours from me), and most importantly I stay off property. What I splurge on is dining. We do at least one sit down restaurant on property a day. Back when you could buy non expiration tickets I would get about 10 to 14 days worth and just go down and do 2 or 3 days here and there. My father is retired Navy so he would get a 4 day hopper for about $170 and you had a year to use the days up. Also there is a thing called Armed Forces Vacation club where you stay for 7 days for $349 (not per day either…for the entire week!) We would get a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo for that! Where there’s a will there’s a way. ;) I’m not wealthy by ANY stretch of imagination, but I prefer to live beneath my little hairstylist means in order to travel. I don’t believe in spending all of my money to look at my four walls. I also am not a partier like most of my friends. I simply never go out. I’m a total homebody and that helps big time. I am shocked at how much money my friends blow every week just to sit in a bar with the same old people! While they’re singing karaoke and knocking back drinks until 2 am four nights a week, I’m planning trips to Paris. To each their own I guess but it’s all about priorities!

Disneydana
    12 XP

I was looking to book a 2019 trip to Disney World. I’ve never been. A friend of mine who has been many times said to wait until after the holidays to book because the prices drop. Has anyone else heard that?

LOL not true at all. In fact, all of the prices just keep going up the longer you wait and they never come back down….EVER. Now room rates might fluctuate a little. There will be a difference in price depending on if it’s a holiday or weekend, or summer etc.

Disneydana
    12 XP

@kimmykay1122 that sounds amazing! i would definitely rather go to disneyland, but it’s sooo much more money than wdw (at least if you stay on property) also yay birthday (almost) twins!!

Never stay on property at DL. There are several places off property. Everything is walking distance. I stayed across the street and just walked over with the rest of the crowd every day. It’s far cheaper to fly to DL from here in SC than it is for me to drive to Florida. I looked it up last year and it was going to cost us over $1,300 each to take my 3 year old niece for 4 nights at a moderate resort with 2 days in the parks and the regular dining plan!!! A flight and hotel at Disneyland for 9 days was around $8 or 900. This is how we ended up in Paris. It was cheaper to go to Paris for 9 days than to drive to WDW for 4.

Disneydana
    12 XP

I swore I wasn’t going back for a looong time, but my best friend really wants to go to Universal for the new Harry Potter ride so I looked on Hotwire and found a flight with hotel and car from Thursday to Sunday for $244 per person at Baymont Inn and Suites, so we’ll hit Universal one day and probably go to the Studios to check out the new stuff the first week of December. It’s awfully close to Thanksgiving so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the crowds will be thinning out by then but I doubt it. :surprised: I don’t know how people do these Summer trips? I would have a heat stroke. No lie.

Julia
    210 XP
    SUPPORTER
    CONTRIBUTOR

I’m trying to go in February one more time before my annual pass expires, but I can’t find any value resorts available!! What the heck is going on in February?? I know there’ll be Festival of the Arts, and the race, but I didn’t think FotA drew in crowds, and I wasn’t looking at the race weekend… :donald: I did find Caribbean Beach for a relatively okay price with the AP discount, but I don’t know if I can swing that :(

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close