2018 Ideas and Suggestions

Activity Forums Website Related Announcements 2018 Ideas and Suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

steve
    200 XP
    SUPPORTER
    ADMIN

As 2017 ends and 2018 begins, I wanted to gather ideas and suggestions from you on what you would like to see on D-COT. :santamickey: So…

:bulb: What new things or changes would you like to see in 2018? :bulb:

SEJ101
    499 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

Two words: Monorail Emoji :goofy:

I’m pretty content with how things are run here and it’s always a fun surprise when something I didn’t know I needed comes along :ob:

bexruns
    374 XP

I’m pretty content with how things are run here and it’s always a fun surprise when something I didn’t know I needed comes along :ob:

What he said. Oh, and my DLRR again :P

jamiedawn27
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER

I liked the occasional quiz…granted I failed miserably, but I enjoyed it none the less. I think I mentioned it before but voting would be cool too…like “best restaurant in Epcot” or stuff like that. Good way for us to see how all of D-cot feels about things like that – and I’m a facts and figures kinda girl so I love a good chart.

And although I LOVE the selection of emojis, it seems a bit much…I have it open now and it scrolls onto a 5th row. I guess I’d rather see two rows max and have you switch them up once in a while instead of having them all (I’m probably in the minority here).

Lastly, the photos are kind of a pain. I wish I could see all my photos, select like half of them and dump them. I also wish I could organize them into folders.

Regardless I love the site and want to thank you for all your hard work!!

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

This is pretty much how I feel :) I can’t think of anything else I would change or add with the exception of photos like Jamie said. On the old site we could create albums, rearrange the order, add captions, etc. and now the photos don’t really work the same way. You can’t caption each picture or comment on each picture individually, you can only post a status with the photos you’re uploading which then shows up with all of them. In the same way people can’t comment on just one picture, they have to comment on the whole status. And if you click on someone’s photos, it doesn’t show albums for you to click on, it just shows everything they’ve ever uploaded, even if it was on a status and not in an album, so you can’t see how pictures are grouped together. I preferred the way it was before in terms of photos. Just my thoughts.

Overall this site is INCREDIBLE! I would be so lost without D-Cot! There are times when I have a hard time keeping up with blogging and want to stop spending so much time on that so THANK YOU STEVE for all you do because I know it’s hard work, you are extremely dedicated and we are all so thankful! :heart:

starbee
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

I liked the occasional quiz…granted I failed miserably, but I enjoyed it none the less. I think I mentioned it before but voting would be cool too…like “best restaurant in Epcot” or stuff like that.

Oh yeah, I loved the quizzes! And I think voting would be cool!

PA_Timekeeper
    128 XP
    SUPPORTER

@jamiedawn27 also has good ideas! Quizzes are great! Polls would be awesome!

I don’t know if we can switch up emojis or not… for instance, we don’t need a ton of Halloween emojis right now. :P And in three months we won’t need the Christmas ones either (generally). I seldom use most of the newer characters… except when they represent other “emotions” (cold, a Cheshire cat grin, an apple that @sej101 should eat, me being Dopey at @grumpytude, Maui for “you’re welcome”, the Orange Bird or Figment for jollity, etc.). But I enjoy having the EPCOT icons to work with… Yeah. Would be nice to change them up some.

And definitely the photos. I hate to say “can we have a Facebook experience at D-COT, but it’s tough to sort through the photos. I love sending all of those photos to my pals… but they’re embarrassing to look at in my big photo bucket! LOL LOL LOL

And really, I agree with the youngling and many others here: I’m just so darned excited to see what you do with this place @steve! It’s a wonderful, wonderful place!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

missingWDW
    183 XP

Photo folders. Definitely. Loved how the photo section worked on the old site
    :up: :up: :up:

And leave :oswald: alone! LOVE HIM!
    :oswald: is to @missingWDW like :dingle: is to @Jloosh78
    LOL LOL LOL

SEJ101
    499 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

OH I forgot about the quizzes! Those were fun! And the polls sound nice too! :bb8:

disneybug
    226 XP
    SUPPORTER

This is pretty much how I feel :) I can’t think of anything else I would change or add with the exception of photos like Jamie said. On the old site we could create albums, rearrange the order, add captions, etc. and now the photos don’t really work the same way. You can’t caption each picture or comment on each picture individually, you can only post a status with the photos you’re uploading which then shows up with all of them. In the same way people can’t comment on just one picture, they have to comment on the whole status. And if you click on someone’s photos, it doesn’t show albums for you to click on, it just shows everything they’ve ever uploaded, even if it was on a status and not in an album, so you can’t see how pictures are grouped together. I preferred the way it was before in terms of photos. Just my thoughts.

Overall this site is INCREDIBLE! I would be so lost without D-Cot! There are times when I have a hard time keeping up with blogging and want to stop spending so much time on that so THANK YOU STEVE for all you do because I know it’s hard work, you are extremely dedicated and we are all so thankful! :heart:

I’m with these two lovely folks! Thank you Steve for making and managing the happiest/friendliest Disney site out there! We appreciate you so very much!!!!
    :clap: :dcot: :up: :) :minnie: :ears:

laprana
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER

I’m with @sej101…I’d love a monorail emoji! :oswald: But I do love D-Cot as it is any any additions are just happy little surprises!! :heart:

I love @jamiedawn27 ‘s idea for the quizzes, too! I’m a sucker for quizzes!

And I just gotta take this post as an opportunity to thank you @Steve for making this site as great as it is! The best part about it is the friendship and comradarie that’s found here. It’s unlike any other Disney site I’ve ever been on, and it’s why I love it here so much! Thank you for all you’ve done, and to everyone who makes D-Cot so lovely!! :heart:

85glht
    22 XP

I would like to see a button for “view last read post” to a subscibed thread, this way one does not have to figure out where the last post read is… all other forums have this. Other than that, I like it here :)

@steve, I think you have done an awesome job here, and it is definitely my favorite place on the net.
    I too share the sentiment about the photos. Viewing/sharing photos here was one of my favorite things to do on D-CoT, and now I do not even bother. Albums and the ability to manage photos, to comment individually, that made for fun and exploration through each other’s trips.

Another thing I miss is my Sonny Eclipse emoji.

Thanks for a magical 2017, and looking forward to what the new year brings!!!

steve
    200 XP
    SUPPORTER
    ADMIN

And I just gotta take this post as an opportunity to thank you @steve for making this site as great as it is! The best part about it is the friendship and comradarie that’s found here. It’s unlike any other Disney site I’ve ever been on, and it’s why I love it here so much! Thank you for all you’ve done, and to everyone who makes D-Cot so lovely!!

I love hearing this and it makes what I do totally worthwhile. I’m glad you were able to find a place to provide you such happiness. :up:

I would like to see a button for “view last read post” to a subscibed thread, this way one does not have to figure out where the last post read is… all other forums have this. Other than that, I like it here

I know there are some spots where a link is provided to the thread and it just brings you to the first post. I know that when you’re on the thread listing, such as https://www.d-cot.com/forum/website-related/announcements/, and you click the time like 2 hours, 39 minutes ago it will bring you to the last post in the thread.

And although I LOVE the selection of emojis, it seems a bit much…I have it open now and it scrolls onto a 5th row. I guess I’d rather see two rows max and have you switch them up once in a while instead of having them all (I’m probably in the minority here).

This is something I will look at. I agree that when you expand the list of emojis that it’s incredibly long.

Lastly, the photos are kind of a pain. I wish I could see all my photos, select like half of them and dump them. I also wish I could organize them into folders.

I purchased a plug-in that provided the photos feature. I know you can take the photos you upload and put them into an album. You have to go to the activity where you posted the photos and there is an option to add it to an album. You can also just go to your photos, create an album (https://www.d-cot.com/steve/photos/albums/) and add photos to it that way. When you add photos as a comment to another member’s activity, you cannot put those into albums. I understand this is a big feature people would like to function like the old site. I will be looking into this more.

And really, I agree with the youngling and many others here: I’m just so darned excited to see what you do with this place @steve! It’s a wonderful, wonderful place!

Thank you! :heart:

@jamiedawn27 also has good ideas! Quizzes are great! Polls would be awesome!

I will focus on adding more quizzes and the option to add polls to forum threads. :cool:

Two words: Monorail Emoji

Yes, that and DLRR emoji will be in the transportation emoji pack. :D

@steve, I think you have done an awesome job here, and it is definitely my favorite place on the net.

I’m so glad to hear that!

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

I’d just like to say thank you Steve for creating this site which has grown into a true community and family. Your baby has grown and is such a wonderful place! I can’t imagine life without it now!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close