2017 vacation other than Disney?

Activity Forums All Things Disney Mousellaneous 2017 vacation other than Disney?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
View New Replies View Legacy Forums Reply to Thread
  • Author

Croaker
    24 XP

Can’t always make it to Disney so we often settle for another location. Even if you did make it to Disney this year chances are you took a break somewhere else. Share your destinations!

While i’ve had lots of Travel this year (hah, i’m a broken record on this) i would have to say the best trip in 2017 so far other than Disney was last week when my wife and I took our motorcycles through Yellowstone! the winding roads and open feeling is awesome, one of the most memorable moments was when we were hiking the rim of the canyon (Yellowstone river canyon) a pair of F22’s buzzed through!First one was extremely low, second one was a higher but just as impressive. I have a video on Facebook. (if you want to friend me, just send me a request with your D-Cot name! Sam Knight, Service First Insurance, Casper Wyoming)

jcbelle827
    81 XP
    SUPPORTER

Every year we go to Myrtle Beach for a week in October. Other than that, Disney is my vacation spot of choice.

BacksideOfWater
    381 XP
    SUPPORTER

Went to Kansas City to visit my best friend for a few days. :)

Acamm
    316 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

January we went to NYC :up:
    May we went to Savannah, GA. :heart:
    June we went to Madeira Beach, FL. :heart: :heart: :heart:
    This weekend we are going to WDW :ears:
    December we are going on a Norwegian Cruise for the week of Christmas! :heart:

Nascfan
    499 XP
    SUPPORTER
    MOD

We went to Florida without WDW! :surprised: I know, crazy right? Actually all four of us have said it was the best vacation without WDW, really even better! Another :surprised: right? Now, it did involve “Disney” in that we stayed at Vero Beach for a couple nights but the rest wasn’t. I have a trip report in Trip Planning & Reports in the Travel section of the forums so I won’t bore you with all the details here. I don’t know if it was seeing @steve and @Chelle and the family and spending most of the day with them at their house, the sea turtle nesting while we were at Vero Beach and helping the biologist dig down and find the eggs, all of us falling in love with Vero Beach, our son-in-law falling in love with St. Augustine as much as we love it, or getting to meet @kcboston and her family on the way back, or just a combination of everything but it really was even better than WDW.

SEJ101
    499 XP
    CONTRIBUTOR

Living in Orlando, I have way too many opportunities to do fun things.

Jan- Citywalk. Went to the Toothsome Chocolate Factory for the first time. :cupcake:
    Feb – Fun Spot America. Very unimpressed. :| :down:
    June – Week long trip in Denver for my brother’s wedding and other shenanigans like Red Rocks Amphitheater. :mickey: :minnie: :ob: :dole:
    So far, that’s besides Disney. We visit too much with my dad driving monorails. :cool: :goofyhat:

We also have plans to try and get out to SeaWorld this year because my dad’s in the Military and if you’re military, you get 4 free admissions to either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens, so we interchange parks each year. :ls:

BacksideOfWater
    381 XP
    SUPPORTER

Before I discovered the magic of the Disney parks, my families vacation spot of choice was Las Vegas. As a kid it got very boring very fast

We went to NYC in July for the first time – had a blast!

Croaker
    24 XP

January we went to NYC :up:
    May we went to Savannah, GA. :heart:
    June we went to Madeira Beach, FL. :heart: :heart: :heart:
    This weekend we are going to WDW :ears:
    December we are going on a Norwegian Cruise for the week of Christmas! :heart:

we seem to travel alike! LOL. i didn’t list all of my trips this year.

Croaker
    24 XP

We went to NYC in July for the first time – had a blast!

its a must for everyone at least once in their life!

Croaker
    24 XP

Living in Orlando, I have way too many opportunities to do fun things.

Jan- Citywalk. Went to the Toothsome Chocolate Factory for the first time. :cupcake:
    Feb – Fun Spot America. Very unimpressed. :| :down:
    June – Week long trip in Denver for my brother’s wedding and other shenanigans like Red Rocks Amphitheater. :mickey: :minnie: :ob: :dole:
    So far, that’s besides Disney. We visit too much with my dad driving monorails. :cool: :goofyhat:

We also have plans to try and get out to SeaWorld this year because my dad’s in the Military and if you’re military, you get 4 free admissions to either SeaWorld or Busch Gardens, so we interchange parks each year. :ls:

Living in Wyoming, Denver is a Staple of life. lol, we go there so much i don’t even call it a get away.

85glht
    22 XP

This year we did a British Isles Cruise…. but it was on the Disney Magic…. I know, I know, I have to do a trip report….
    I also went snowmobiling in Maine.
    Been to NYC a bunch of times…. only a 1.5 hr car ride away.

bexruns
    374 XP

We like to go camping. My favorite place is Yosemite and the boyfriend would probably pick Pine Flat Lake, which is where we’re going next weekend. It’s about 3.5 hours away from us so it’s not too bad. This will be our 4th time this year LOL

kcboston
    254 XP
    SUPPORTER

This is/was a very Disney heavy year :P When you have those APs, you want to get your money worth!

We are going to Charleston SC for a night this weekend.
    I’m going on a girls weekend next weekend in Charlotte (I don’t go into the city much :P )
    Might try to sneak a weekend in at HHI or Myrtle Beach

Although we are doing 2 nights at DLP in November, we are touring Paris and the Normandy region in France the rest of the trip :)

We just spent a couple of days up in New Hampshire with the kids, last week. We took them to Story Land, the kids had a blast. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the park and friendliness of the staff. Our character dinner was disappointing food-wise, but the characters were awesome (Cinderella clued us in on an insider secret that came in handy the next day). Overall a good time :up:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close